I have a few thoughts on what took place Sunday night:
- Matt Forte looks to be better than advertised. I saw a little Eric Dickerson, a little Neal Anderson, and a lot of heart. What I didn’t see was any of Cedrick Benson and thank the Bears for that.
- I saw a very similar game to the Super Bowl statistically:
- The first snap from center winded up bounding on the ground for a fumble.
- The Colts dropped two Orton interceptions they caught a year and a half ago.
- The statistics were amazingly similar:
- Rex Grossman 20/28 165 yards 1 fumble 2 int
- Kyle Orton 13/21 150 yards 2 fumbles (r) 2 int dropped by the Colts
- Thomas Jones 15 carries 112 yards 0 TD long 52
- Matt Forte 23 carries 123 yards 1 TD long 50
- Colts scored winning TD on Grossman int
- Bears scored winning TD on Harrison fumble
The Bears got the luck of the bounces on the fumbles and the Colts did not make many plays that they did in the Super Bowl. Kyle Orton looked acceptable and made some good decisions. Devon Hester looked ordinary and made some poor decisions. But all in all the Bears were able to play a game on national tv
and not embarrass themselves. That is progress!